Do you have the training and tools expertise in your country or do you need to organise an external Quality Action tools trainer?
The Quality Action Facilitation Guide (available on the website) is a useful support if you are organising your training.
1. Identify what stakeholders or key speakers you wish to have involved in the training and/or post training, if any. Clarify their roles with them.
2. Participants will need the directions to / from the airport, hotels and venues, including dinner venue if this is being organised.
3. Do you have a pre training questionnaire that you wish participants to complete prior to the event? Do you wish the participants to be part of the Quality Action tool application process in which case you need to send a list to email@example.com and she will contact participants directly with their confidential codes and the link to the pre-training questionnaire. Only Catherine will have access to these codes.
4. Participants should be supplied with the links to the tools, case studies and other information so that they have to opportunity to read them in advance of the training.
5. Ask participants to think of a project/programme to which they could apply the tool.
6. Compile the agenda for the training days and send out to participants. It is a good idea to leave lots of time for the training and also to tell participants that there will be plenty of time for access to emails and telephones during the breaks so as to avoid their use in the sessions.
7. The participation guide (available on the website) should also be read in advance. This will avoid a lot of questions and misunderstandings at the training.
8. Organise a suitable venue, with good light, ventilation and space. You may be able to book a public health building free of charge if you are concerned about costs.
9. Book for lunch and dinner if relevant and make sure participants are informed about the costs. You may also like to request that participants bring some nice food for the coffee breaks to share with other participants.
10. Prepare a list of participants to be given to each trainer.
The following documents may be copied and put into participants’ folders:
• Agenda for the workshop
• The tool information as required by the trainers
• Powerpoint presentations
• The list of participants
• Name badge with the Quality Action logo
• Registration – preferably two people and a meeter greeter at the entrance
• Signs indicating the directions to the venue
• Coffee available at registration
• Instructions on toilets, coffee breaks, lunches etc
• Materials as required by the trainers
• Internet connection in training rooms with a working remote pointer
• Wi-Fi code written on a flip chart page in a visible and accessible position
• Powerpoint connection in main room
• The post training questionnaire will be completed and submitted
• Reflection and continuous quality improvement
• Support for the application of the tool, if provided
• Dates for next workshops, if any
• Quality Action certification of attendance and/or tool application